Signs of Water Damage
Most water damage is caused from leaking pipes, heavy rains or flooding; but excessive humidity can cause water damage also. Small rooms that don't get much airflow, such as bathrooms and basement rooms are prone to water damage from excessive humidity. Slow or small leaks from water supply lines or drains can go on for months before they are detected, causing much water damage and resulting in mold as well.
Some of the signs that you may have water damage:
- Standing water - this seems obvious, but it is often overlooked. Check your basement regularly for standing water.
- Musty or "earthy" odor - this could be a sign of mold growth and water damage.
- Stains and spots - walls or ceilings with brown stains are a clear sign of water damage.
- Peeling paint - painted surfaces with water damage will start to peel, bubble or flake.
- Uneven surfaces - water-damaged floors will warp and feel uneven.
If you experience water damage in your home or business call the trusted professionals at SERVPRO of Sarpy County at 402-291-3355. Our experienced crews are always here to help.