Flood and Water Damage Tips
Record flooding is causing flood damage and water damage to homes and businesses in and around the Omaha area. The flooding is expected to continue and possibly get worse over the coming days.
We have received several hundred calls for help in the last 24 hours and our crews are out in full force.
In order to better serve your needs, we have multiple crews and truckloads of equipment in route to assist with the cleanup and restoration effort. We expect to increase our service capacity by over 400% in the next 24-48 hours.
Generally speaking, water from a supply line is considered clean, while water from drains is considered contaminated. There are exceptions to this general guideline.
If you have clean water damage, consult this article on our website.
If you have contaminated water damage, consult this article on our website.
If you are unsure of the classification of water affecting your property, consult your water damage experts at SERVPRO of Sarpy County at 402-291-3355 and we will help as best we can.
Tips to Minimize Flood Damage and Water Damage
Here are a few actions you should take TODAY:
- Check your basement at least daily for water.
- Be sure to check all exterior walls, including behind furniture.
- Check around all baseboards and at corners for signs of moisture.
- Ensure gutter downspouts are not leaking and are directing water away from the structure.
- Walk around the outside of your property, checking for low spots and standing water. If possible, fill low spots with dirt and push standing water away from the structure.
If you experience water damage or flood damage, call the SERVPRO of Sarpy County team of trusted professionals at 402-291-3355. Our experienced crews are always here to help.