Winter Storm Water Damage Prevention Tips
Many people are unprepared for the quickly approaching winter season and the winter storms that bring frigid temperatures along with ice and snow. SERVPRO of Sarpy County recommends having a winter checklist for your home or business to help prevent water damage from winter storms.
Here are a few items to consider:
- Put weather stripping on doors and windows to prevent heat from escaping and cold air from entering.
- Insulate water pipes to help prevent them from freezing and possibly bursting.
- Check your roof for possible leaks and loose or broken shingles.
- Keep space heaters at least three feet from anything flammable.
- Trim tree limbs that are close to the house.
- Clean gutters.
- Stock up on ice melt.
If your property is affected by a disaster, such as water damage, call the trusted professionals at SERVPRO of Sarpy County at 402-291-3355; we are always here to help.