If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (402) 291-3355

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Avoiding Heating Fire Damage In The Omaha Metro

11/11/2019 (Permalink)

EPIC Space Heater Fail

Heating and electrical malfunctions are some of the top causes for residential fires, resulting in millions of dollars in smoke damage and fire damage annually.

As the temperature drops, the need for heating appliances grows resulting in a spike in residential fires during the early heating season.  The increased use of space heaters, often placed too close to furniture and other flammable items and/or left on at the end of the day causes several business fires each winter.

A majority of electrical fires are caused by faulty outlets and old appliances.  Everyday use of electrical wiring can cause tears which can be a fire hazard.  Light fixtures are another cause of electrical fires, often with incorrect wattage incandescent bulbs or when placing flammable material too close to the fixture.  

If your property is affected by a disaster, such as fire damage or smoke damage, call the trusted professionals at SERVPRO of Sarpy County at 402-291-3355;  we are always here to help.

Other News

View Recent Posts